Mediation is a BETTER CHOICE!
During mediation a third party actively participates in resolving issues and assists in reaching agreements outside of the court room. Mediation is less time consuming and more cost effective when parties can establish an agreement prior to a judgment being set into place. Jayne Dykema is a certified mediator with over 25 years of experience in assisting her clients with the best outcome possible. In most cases mediation has proven to be effective in resolving disagreements between family members in several circumstances.
- Divorce occurs when there is a dilution with in a marriage and it is terminated by legal proceedings. During these proceedings legal ramifications are distributed between the involved parties.
- Child Custody is the determination of the individual who will legally make decisions and be responsible for a minor child or children. Several different types of custody arrangements which includetemporary, physical, legal, and also joint custody can be set in to place.
- Parenting Time involves the frequency and duration of the minor child’s schedule with each parent. The Better Choice is Mediation to assist in the arrangement process. The court favors any agreements between the parties. In some circumstances if parenting time by both or either parties is not in the best interest of the child one or both be denied parenting time by the courts.
- Guardianship is when an individual is lawfully appointed with the power, and is appointed with the obligation, of taking care of and managing the property and rights of a person who, because of age, lack of understanding, or self-control, and is considered incapable of administering his or her own affairs.
- Child Support consists of a court ordered payment that is made to one parent by the other. Many factors are considered into the dollar amount that is paid to the other parent. There are child support formula guidelines that are also configured into the payment amount.
- Paternity legally recognizes the father of a child. Typically paternity is documented at the time of birth on the birth certificate. When paternity is in question legal proceeding are enacted to identify the child’s father.
- Pre and post nuptial agreements are established to protect assets of a single individual prior to and after being married.
- Auto Accidents are a very common in our everyday lives. In unfortunate circumstances these accidents can lead to fatal tragedy and/or financial devastation.
- Motorcycle Accidents are in most cases more treacherous then auto accidents. Victims are much more likely to have a greater impact in a motorcycle accident. Statistics show that the automobiles drivers are typically responsible for the accident.
- Medical Malpractice can be a contribution of several of factors. These factors include improper documentation, lack of knowledge, inadequate staff scheduling, hiring incompetent staff, and many others that cause for medical errors.
- Dog Bites and animal attacks are a common serious problem for the victims. The owner of the animal is responsible for their animal at all times. A dog bite is the second leading cause of childhood injuries and can have an everlasting impact on the victim. It is the responsibility of the owner and their insurance company to compensate the victim.
- Premises Liability holds the owner of the property responsible to protect guests from known and unknown dangers. There are two key factors in premises liability was the owner aware of the issue and was the dangerous condition obvious to the guest.
- Product Liability is the responsibility of a manufacture to provide safe products to its consumers. Some aspects are regulated by the federal government, but the liability litigation is handled at a state level. There are rules and regulations for quality standards that companies must abide by. This is to prevent unreliable products that may lead to serious injury or death for both children and adults. Unfortunately, there are many circumstances that products are not as reliable as they should or are required to be.